Jayna M. Voss, Co-Founder and Attorney
In 2016, I decided to embark on a new journey with my Partner, Bobbi Thury, by establishing Legacy Law Firm, P.C. Our goal is to create tailored plans for our estate planning and business clients while providing the utmost level of service. We strive to help clients, whether individuals or businesses, plan for the future and provide for and protect what is most important to them.
I was admitted to the South Dakota Bar in 1995 and began my career serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger L. Wollman, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. I was then hired by Woods, Fuller, Shultz & Smith, PC, where I practiced general business law. I moved to Cutler Law Firm, LLP in 2000 to focus on estate planning. I became a Partner there in 2002 and focused on estate planning and closely-related practice areas. Bobbi and I worked together for eight years at Cutler to refine and develop an estate planning group. I enjoy this area of the law because it allows me to work closely with clients, help them realize their dreams for the future, and ultimately, enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having a plan in place for the future.
I was born in Huron, South Dakota, and grew up on a farm near Wessington, South Dakota, where my parents still reside. I graduated with highest honors from South Dakota State University w...
Bobbi L. Thury, Co-Founder and Attorney
In 2016, my Partner, Jayna Voss, and I started Legacy Law Firm, P.C., a boutique law firm devoted to helping people in the areas of estate planning, elder law, and business planning. We wanted a business based on the principle that it’s all about you, our client; where it is fun to go to work and team collaboration is promoted; and that we can make a difference in our clients’ lives. I cannot imagine anything better than helping clients protect themselves and their families in case of disability or death, achieving their dreams of starting a business or turning its keys over to the next generation, or solidifying a lasting legacy. Proper planning not only provides financial benefits for clients, but also strengthens families and businesses for generations to come.
After graduating from the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology with a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Sciences, I continued my education and graduated from the University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business with a Master of Business Administration. In 2007, I graduated from the University of South Dakota School of Law. While I was in law school I was a member of the South Dakota Law Review, serving as the Managing Editor from 2006 to 2007. Following law school, I clerked for the South Dakota Second Judicial Circuit. Before founding Legacy Law...
Ryan Pomerleau, Attorney
My practice at Legacy Law Firm focuses exclusively on estate and business planning. I am dedicated to helping my clients protect their loved ones, preserve their assets, and leave behind a lasting legacy.
I have worked with hundreds of individuals, families, and businesses to plan for their futures. Whether I am preparing a client’s Last Will and Testament, helping a family create or administer a trust, or guiding a business owner through a corporate merger, I like to bring a common-sense approach to even the most sophisticated legal issues.
At Legacy Law Firm, P.C., I enjoy being able to concentrate on the specific practice areas that I love, surrounded by a team that is devoted to providing first-rate legal representation and great client service.
When I am not in the office, I spend most of my time with my wife, Heather, trying to keep up with our daughter, Joanna.
- Who do I admire most? I admire my father because he is self-sufficient, works hard, and treats people with respect. He taught me to value actions over words in every aspect of life.
- Little known fact about me? I have hiked the 6 tallest mountains in New England, some more than once.
- My personal interests include home and auto repair, stand-up comedy, and following the Boston Bruins.
- Some of my...
Karli Raymond, Client Services Director
I am our firm’s liaison—that is, I work closely with our clients and my goal is to ensure they receive the best experience possible. I derive a great deal of satisfaction in forging strong, long-lasting relationships with our clients. I truly enjoy caring for clients and love being part of a team that helps make a difference for people.
Outside of work, I enjoy traveling with my husband, Shawn, we are half way to our goal of visiting all 50 states!
- Both my mother and my niece have hearts of gold as they have survived courageous battles with cancer – they are my heroes!
- Little known fact about me? I am the only left handed person on both sides of my family.
- When I am not spending time with my Legacy Family, I enjoy spending time with my husband, Shawn and playing with our fur-baby, Opie. I love to travel, scrapbook, watch movies and give “old junk” new life by re-purposing furniture and décor pieces I find on my junking Saturdays!
- In my free time, I volunteer making blankets for children receiving treatment at the Sanford Children’s Hospital.
- Furry-family members? Opie – Mini Goldendoodle.
- Quirky habits? I never buy anything unless its on sale or if I have a coupon and I absolutely have to have...
Brianna Cochran, Plan Coordinator
I enjoy helping our clients coordinate their assets with their estate plans. This entails meeting with clients, reviewing client asset information and accurately drafting transfer documents to help ensure their estate plans will work as designed. Many clients are initially confused by the idea of funding or coordinating assets, so I am able to put their minds at ease by helping them through this process. Our team goes the extra mile to help each other and our clients.
I earned a Bachelor of Arts in English, with a Correlate in History, from Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York. I also attended Exeter University in England and I have now lived in Sioux Falls since 2004.
- I admire people that speak their mind and are true to who they are, even if I don’t agree with them.
- Little known fact about me? I am a twin – I have a twin brother.
- When I am not spending time with my Legacy Family, I enjoy reading, writing, watching Friends reruns and plays, and participating in community theater.
- In my free time, I volunteer at Dress for Success and I am involved in community theater.
- Furry-family members? Mocha, a 14 year old Shih Tzu-Pomeranian mix.
- Quirky habits? As my co-workers can attest, I never met a sticky-note I didn’t feel the desire t...
Sandy Hensch, Paralegal
I am the firm’s Signing Paralegal. I meet with clients to explain and execute their plans as well as I assist in the probate process. As an estate planning paralegal for the past 9 years, I enjoy the client interaction and collaborative team environment.
I graduated from South Dakota State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Home Economics and Fashion Merchandising with Honors. I also graduated from National American University with my Associate Degree in Applied Science in Paralegal Studies with Distinction. My husband and I have two grown sons and we live on an acreage right outside of Sioux Falls.
Dana Myers, Paralegal
I have worked as an estate planning and estate administration paralegal for ten years. I currently assist the attorneys at Legacy Law Firm, P.C. with trust documents and elder law. I truly enjoy helping our clients reach their estate planning goals and feel confident that they and their loved ones will be taken care of in the future.
I received a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies from Florida Gulf Coast University, an Associate of Science in Legal Assisting from Florida Community College in Jacksonville, and a Bachelor of Science in History with minors in English and Mass Communication from Wayland Baptist University.
I am a native Texan but have lived all over with my husband, who is retired US Navy. In my spare time I like to read science fiction, listen to music, run the trails, ride my bike, and make jewelry. My husband and I love to travel and spend time outdoors whenever possible....
Felan Link, Director of Operations
My goal is to keep our office running at peak efficiency. I handle a wide range of our firm’s operations, including bookkeeping, marketing, office and project management. I have more than eight years of experience in business management and consulting, as well as a robust entrepreneurial spirit.
I grew up in eastern Iowa. I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Augustana University and a Master of Business Administration from the University of South Dakota. I love being involved in the community. I serve as a Board Member of Academy of Finance; a Committee Member for Dress for Success; and a Volunteer for Junior Achievement. I live in Sioux Falls with my husband, Matt, and our baby girl, Keda.
- I admire Mikaela Shiffrin – US Gold - Ski Olympian – She claims she’s not better than anyone, she just works harder than anyone.
- Little known facts about me? I am left handed, I have ran 3 – 18 mile races in one year and I have gone paragliding, skydiving, and back country skiing.
- When I am not spending time with my Legacy Family, I enjoy spending time with my husband and our baby girl, running ridiculously long races, downhill skiing, and hanging out with friends.
- Quirky Habits? I talk and respond to myself
- Some of my favorites are: