As the Summer days continue to get shorter and shorter, sometimes we let stress fill up our time – what did we miss yesterday, what’s coming up tomorrow that needs our attention, and what are we running late for today? Let’s take a page from the dog’s playbook for a reminder on some essential life lessons on how to take advantage of every day we are blessed with.
- Go Fetch. Follow your dreams. Chase them down and make them a reality. Make sure you give yourself hope for the future and also take the time daily to work on goals and priorities. You don’t want an upcoming trip or your entrepreneurial dreams to be derailed. If a business is your dream, make sure you are seeking a business planning attorney who can walk you through the process and get your dream on strong footing. Legacy Law Firm is passionate about helping your business dreams come true. And remember, it’s never too late or too early to pursue your dreams!
- Show Up. Participate and be present in every moment – don’t just go through the motions. Our dog friends are interested in the world around them and fully explore every new turn and every new environment. They also cherish their time at home and fully partake in all that goes on – especially if it involves activity in the kitchen! Don’t let insecurities, anxieties, work stress, etc. pull you away from what’s happening right now.
- Seek Companionship. We can’t do this alone. We need friends and family for support and laughter. This means being a good friend and always showing appreciation to those you love. Think of how happy your dog family member is when you get home; they love to be around you and interact.
- Relax Hard and Play Hard. If you have a furry friend, you know that nap time is something that is fully enjoyed and that playtime is also an essential. Sometimes our Work, Work, Work mentality can be a tad overwhelming. This can get in the way of family time and relaxation. Make sure you schedule some R&R time on your calendar just like you would a board meeting or a child’s activity.
- Loyalty. Dogs love and protect their family. How do you show love and protection to your family? One tool that we are passionate about is estate planning. By choosing to do your estate planning, you are getting your ducks in a row for your loved ones – naming powers of attorney and guardians, allocating distribution of your assets in a thoughtful way, and much more. Legacy Law Firm would be honored to assist you through this seemingly overwhelming task and make it, well, a walk in the park, to keep with the puppy theme.
If you are interested in learning how we can assist you and your family with estate planning, business planning and elder law, please contact Legacy Law Firm, P.C. at (605) 275-5665 to schedule a free consultation today.