This holiday season, let’s get our homes, lives and spirits in order. It’s time to clear out the debris that can overshadow this Season of Joy. We need a Christmas Clean Up that covers the physical and the spiritual. Window cleaner and wood polish? Good start, but try these cleansing tips:
- Give (But Not Necessarily Stuff): Give from the heart. Give time to those you care about most – make your schedule match your priorities by spending quality time with family & friends. Work together to volunteer at a soup kitchen or adopt a family in need.
- Accept (Kindness): Next time you receive a compliment, say it with me, “Thank you.” Too often, we defend ourselves against the sweetest things in life: kind words, love, happiness. It’s OK to be kind to ourselves, and accept it from others too. Start today!
- Embrace (The Slow Lane): Say yes to patience, gratefulness and kindness. You don’t have to say yes to every holiday get-together. When you’re stressed, say yes only to spending time with loved ones, to quiet time and taking things slow once in a while.
- Give it Up (Yep, Let it Go!): We are cleaning up & clearing out. No room for excuses or procrastination at this party. And get rid of the clutter – do you really need those knickknacks. Um, no. Donate the unused cute blouse, DVD and board games to a friend or the Goodwill.
- Celebrate (the Old and New): Let your spirit love, laugh & let go. Spend time with your fave folks to share food, music and conversation. Celebrate time-honored traditions. And start fresh with an activity, dish or song that is your new Christmas signature to-do. Traditions old and new give this time of year the cozy feeling it deserves.
Bonus Round – Have the Talk: Clear the Air – about finally starting the business of your dreams, about getting your Will in place or a Trust to protect your assets, about a plan to care for Mom and Dad. Once you’ve said your peace, DO IT. Seek smart attorneys to guide you on your merry way. Legacy Law Firm would be honored to assist you and your family.
This holiday, commit to cleaning up your life so that disorder doesn’t put a damper on your heart and spirit this Christmas-time.
If you are interested in learning how we can assist you and your loved ones with estate planning, business planning or elder law, please contact Legacy Law Firm, P.C. at (605) 275-5665 to schedule a free consultation today.