In 2016, I joined Legacy Law Firm, P.C., where I focus on estate planning, elder law, and business planning. I am dedicated to helping my clients protect their loved ones, preserve their assets and leave behind a lasting legacy.
I derive a great deal of professional and personal satisfaction from educating clients about the various options available to achieve their goals. I take the time to explain complicated planning tools and strategies in plain language that my clients find easy to understand. Then, I design comprehensive plans to help them achieve every one of their goals. My plans, while sophisticated, are rooted in common sense and practicality.
I grew up in Maine but have called South Dakota home for more than twenty years. I earned my law degree from the University of South Dakota School of Law and have several years of experience practicing estate and business planning in Sioux Falls. I enjoy working at Legacy Law Firm, P.C., where I am able to focus on the practice areas I love surrounded by a team of professionals who share my commitment to providing exemplary client service.
In my free time, I like to spend time with my wife, Heather, our daughter, Joanna, and a wide circle of family and friends.
- Who do I admire most? I admire my father because he is self-sufficient, works hard and treats people with respect. He taught me to value actions over words in every aspect of life.
- Little known fact about me? I have hiked the 6 tallest mountains in New England, some more than once.
- When I am not spending time with my Legacy Family, I enjoy goofing around with my 2 year old daughter. My personal interests include home and auto repair, stand-up comedy, the Boston Bruins, and reading when time allows.
- I have two cats, Dizzy and Twitch. Dizzy can high-five and roll over on command. Twitch is un-trainable.
- Quirky habits? I have successfully convinced my daughter that I am Batman. I also collect stickers, drink koozies, and old pocket knives.
- Some of my favorites are:
- Food – Popcorn
- Movie – Full Metal Jacket or Full Romance
- Book – Desperation, by Stephen King
- Song – Turn the Page, by Bob Seger
- Place – Anywhere with a campfire
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts & Asset Protection Planning
- Business Organizations & Transactions
- Business Succession Planning
- Probate, Estate & Trust Administration
- South Dakota
- University of South Dakota School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Nebraska, Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association
- Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council
- Worked with the Welcome Table’s Backpack Program in Vermillion, South Dakota