Before joining Legacy Law Firm, P.C., I worked as an estate planning and estate administration paralegal for eight years. I now assist our attorneys with business planning, trust documents and elder law.
I received a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies from Florida Gulf Coast University, an Associate of Science in Legal Assisting from Florida Community College in Jacksonville, and a Bachelor of Science in History with minors in English and Mass Communication from Wayland Baptist University.
I am a proud native Texan and have the accent to prove it. My husband and I moved to Sioux Falls from Arkansas for my husband’s pursuit of a career as a commercial pilot. We met in Spain and were married in the Strait of Gibraltar while we were both in the US Navy.
- Who do I admire most? My mom. She’s been through a lot in her life and her positive attitude gives me strength and encouragement. She can sometimes lay it on thick with the advice, but I can usually use it.
- Little known facts about me? I was a parachute rigger in the Navy and I spent a semester teaching high school theater arts.
- I enjoy spending time with my husband, riding our bikes around the SF bike trails as well as traveling the Midwest with our bikes. I enjoy jogging, sewing, making jewelry, and reading science fiction.
- Quirky habits? I amass pens at my desk throughout the day. By the end of the day, I put away multiple pens just start it all over again the next day. My husband, Scott could probably add many more quirks.
- Some of my favorites are:
- Food – Pizza Rev
- Movie – Office Space
- Book – Bill the Vampire (I did not make that up!)
- Song – Every Breath You Take, by The Police
- Place – Chania, Crete